(Not a April Fool’s gag, this is real.)
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS
- April 15th – April 19th for door flyer distribution. (Parents/Guardians & Students) – SIGN UP SHEETS ARE HUNG UP IN THE BAND ROOM (ask your student about it)
- April 20th for collecting and sorting. (Parents/Guardians & Students) – SIGN UP ONLINE: http://signup.com/go/EKuMmAj
- April 22nd for unloading donations at OBRC. (Parents/Guardians) – SIGN UP ONLINE: http://signup.com/go/EKuMmAj
Funds from the Can & Bottle Drive support the Band Classes, Marching Ensemble, Winterguard, and Winter Drumline.
Students AND Parents/Guardians from ALL GROUPS are expected to participate!
The Can & Bottle Drive is a three step process.
1. Flyer Distribution to Tigard Neighborhoods (Parents/Guardians & Students)
April 15th – April 19th: After School, multiple shifts and a very critical part of our drive!
SIGN UP SHEETS ARE HUNG UP IN THE BAND ROOM
Our Can & Bottle Drive is a little different than some. We deliver door flyers letting people know we will come and pickup their can & bottle donations starting at 9AM on April 20th. We go to them, they do not need to come to us.
Students will form groups of 2-4 (4 is most efficient!) and bug one of their parents to be a driver. We’ll need 16 groups to cover the 16 routes we’ve mapped out. Parents will drive the students’ group to the neighborhood with their assined route and blue tape flyers to doors. There are a few routes within walking distance of THS. Most of the neighborhoods are not by the school! It is up to the students to coordinate when they are going to do the flyers and who will be driving them. Please note that it will take a group of 4 students about 2-3 hours to paper a neighborhood. Please plan accordingly. Routes must be finished no later than 6:00 pm on Friday but sooner is better!
For the flyer distribution we can be flexible on the actual day, April 15th – April 19th, that you take a group of 4ish students out. We just need to know when you’re going and who you’re taking! SignUp.com is not setup to accommodate the unusual scheduling needs of this event so the sign-up sheets are in the band room. If you can get your group together at a different time we can work with that too, but we’d prefer the driver (aka supportive parent), to pick up the flyer packet with route map at 3:15 the day you’d like to start.
2. Pick-up and sort the donated cans and bottles into three groups; cans, plastic, and glass. (Parents/Guardians & Students)
April 20th at Twality from 9AM – 3:30PM, multiple, short shifts! – Sign Up Now: http://signup.com/go/EKuMmAj
Parents/Guardians & Students will drive the routes and pickup the donations curbside and return them to Twality Middle School where another team of Parents/Guardians & Students will sort the donations into large bags (plastic & cans), boxes (glass), or non-returnables. Here is the current list of returnable items.
3. April 22nd, 10:30AM (Adults only) Deliver and unload the sorted donations at the Oregon Bottle Redemption Center in NW Portland the week following the drive.
We will meet in NW Portland at the OBRC to unload the donations. Address: 3900 NW Yeon Ave., Portland, OR 97210
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.